Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is seeking an Assistant Case Manager to join the Disaster Recovery team.
The Assistant Case Manager is responsible for providing support to the case management team. This includes welcoming guests to the office, assuring accurate data entry, maintaining database integrity, answering phones and returning phone calls, performing client intakes, maintaining a limited caseload, filing and organization, sending letters to clients.
The successful candidate will support the Disaster Construction Services team by ensuring excellent customer service, maintaining data integrity and providing Spanish/English translation services as needed.
40% Interviews clients and records client information confidentially and accurately. Enters data accurately into the ETO and CAN databases. Extracts reports from the respective databases. Maintains client confidentiality standards when handling personal information of Agency clients, donors, and employees in the course of work activities.
30% Files and organizes case information into an extensive filing system. Answers phones and returns phone calls. Attends and assists with meetings where needed.
20% Maintains a reduced caseload of clients in need of disaster case management.
10% Accompanies case managers on home visits to meet clients.
And, performs other duties assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree Preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of one year of administrative experience.
- Comfort with databases and capability of learning new digital systems. Preferred.
- Intermediate Word and Excel spreadsheet and word processing skills.
- Basic Math skills, 10-key touch.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Preferred.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines concurrently.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to new objectives.