CatholicVote is seeking an Assistant to the President/ Office Manager to join our team. This candidate must share in the mission of CatholicVote to inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of the Faith in public life.
This person will work collectively with the CatholicVote team and report directly to the president. They will be responsible for personally assisting the president of CatholicVote with organization related needs. Duties will include but are not limited to assisting with urgent issues and tasks, managing the president’s calendar, coordinating with media, overseeing travel and logistics, and overall communication on behalf of the president internally and externally.
In addition, the person will be in charge of essential office management. Duties will include but are not limited to answering phone calls and emails to the organization, ordering office supplies, overseeing various print and mailing projects for all departments, assisting with financials, and supporting human resources internally.
Job Duties (Assistant to the President):
- meet daily to go over schedule, discuss pertinent issues, follow up on tasks, give updates and receive action items, etc.
- manage calendar; input all events, calls, and reminders into calendar
- coordinate with media; schedule appearances for tv & radio, correspond with outlets and reporters’ inquiries
- oversee travel; book flights, rental cars, and any other necessary transportation, arrange accommodations
- communicate on president’s behalf with people both internally and externally
Job Duties (Office Manager):
- answering the main phone line; assisting with general questions, taking messages or forwarding phone calls to appropriate team member, responding to voicemails as needed
- monitoring general CatholicVote email inbox; responding to general questions, forwarding emails to appropriate team members, sorting through junk mail, etc.
- sorting and managing incoming physical mail
- ordering supplies; office supplies, snacks, beverages, etc.
- overseeing order and cleanliness of office space
- overseeing print projects and mailings for all departments
- helping with financials: sending invoices, filing incoming invoices for bookkeeper, working with bookkeeper as needed, cutting & sending checks, wiring money
- overseeing new hire orientation; completing tasks on new hire checklist
- managing phone plan, health insurance, payroll and other employee benefits
- plan staff events; team outings, annual Christmas party, new hire welcome lunches, all staff meetings
Compensation commensurate with experience.