The Benefits Specialist is responsible for administering the day to day activities of the group benefit programs (medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plans and 403b). Under the guidance of the Human Resources Manager, will administer plans and serve as liaison with employees, benefit providers, insurance broker and other third-party vendors, ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws. Provides other Human Resources support as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review all policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, including the Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, FMLA, ERISA, ADA, COBRA, etc. Responsible for all ACA reporting and filing.
- Administer all benefit programs. Enroll employees and enter new hire information in HRIS (ADP), make all adjustments/changes as necessary.
- Conduct new hire Orientation including overview of benefits and key policies and procedures. Assist in developing and improving the Orientation program.
- Accurately review, reconcile and submit monthly invoices to accounting in a timely manner utilizing vendor billing tools.
- Coordinate annual open enrollment process: prepare materials, employee communications, process paperwork and enter data in ADP as necessary.
- Administer disability plans and serve as liaison for employee, managers, and insurance company tracking and reporting information.
- Provide leave of absence administration, including disseminating information and FMLA notification and tracking.
- Prepare exit paperwork for separating employees including COBRA and conduct exit interviews as necessary.
- Liaison between benefit vendor and employees on 403(b) plan inquiries. Participate in annual 403(b) audit providing documentation as necessary for auditors.
- Participate in ERISA reporting process (Form 5500).
- Prepare reports and work closely with payroll to review and resolve any discrepancies.
- Research/resolve benefits issues in a professional manner and escalate issues as necessary for resolution.
- Review and submit employee loan requests for approval.
- Recommend process improvement and best practices relative to benefit administration.
- Create and manage a wellness program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience administering comprehensive benefit plans for a mid-sized, multi-location employer, including FMLA tracking and handling short-term disability claims. Other professional level Human Resources experience preferred.
- Demonstrated current knowledge of HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ACA, ADA and applicable federal and state laws.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with strength in Excel.
- Experience with ADP HRIS software.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professionalism, tact, and diplomacy and the ability to deal with sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Friendly, approachable and empathetic demeanor.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Affinity for EWTN’s mission and understanding of the Catholic Faith.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Practicing Catholic.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Certifications such as CEBS, PHR/SPHR preferred.
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, CDU Educational assistance, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.