Position Title: Bookkeeper
Reports To: Administrative Coordinator
Position Description: Part-Time Bookkeeper
Description: The St. John Paul II Foundation seeks a part-time bookkeeper to work with the Administrative Coordinator to manage the accounting and financial operations of the Foundation. The St. John Paul II Foundation is a national Catholic apostolate proclaiming the Good News about life and family through education and formation. We accomplish our mission through three hallmark initiatives: Together in Holiness, Converging Roads, and Shepherd’s Heart. The part-time bookkeeper will be responsible for recording day-to-day transactions and monthly bank account reconciliation to maintain and control the revenue and expenses for all departments within the Foundation.
- Input, process, and manage documentation of disbursements including all invoices for speakers, vendors, partners, etc. Maintain accurate record of payments and refunds.
- Maintain vendor (speaker) files. Prepare and distribute year-end tax forms for vendors.
- Download and input all credit card transactions, including income from donors and expenses incurred by Foundation employees. Reconcile donation receipts to credit card transactions as reported by bank. Maintain documentation of all expenses paid by Foundation credit card accounts.
- Monitor and track bank account balances.
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets. Prepare event and conference budget reports as requested.
- Collect incoming payments and record checks for bank deposit. Print, obtain signature from President, and mail or distribute all checks for outgoing payments.
- Management, troubleshooting, and retention of recurring monthly donors through Legacy Circle membership.
- Participate in staff meetings and other projects connected with the Foundation and perform other duties as assigned by the President and Administrative Coordinator.
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in relevant field of study or minimum 2-3 years of experience in a financial role. Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred. Knowledge of basic accounting principles (debits and credits) and high-level financial statement analysis a plus. High level of organization to implement and maintain filing and tracking system for accounting operations. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and with great attention to detail. Ability to work independently and to take initiative. High level of professionalism in working with Church officials, staff, and benefactors a must.
This is a part-time position located in the Greater Houston area. The ideal candidate will be in the area or willing to relocate. Compensation is commensurate with experience.