The Chapter Development Officer reports to the Executive Director and leads YCP’s expansion effort to open new, quality chapters in strategic areas. The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate about spreading YCP’s unique mission and interested in meeting and working with young Catholic professionals and executives from across the country. He or she will generate leads and develop key relationships in prospective communities in order to recruit the support needed to launch new chapters. The Chapter Development Officer will also manage the process of hiring, training, and overseeing developing chapters until their official launch, at which point he or she will efficiently hand off oversight to the Chapter Support Coordinator.
The Chapter Development Officer will be the field manager for YCP’s expansion effort and oversee the chapter formation process by providing specific services such as:
- Conducting and analyzing research to determine target cities for new YCP chapters.
- Serving as the main point of contact for external constituencies in new cities (corporate partners, diocesan staff, funders, etc.) on new chapter interest activities.
- Prospecting leads on key relationships with young professionals, C-suite and other business executives, and diocesan leaders.
- Developing and delivering professional, engaging presentations to introduce prospective leaders and supporters to the organization.
- Managing the founding leader and board member recruitment, application, and training processes to ensure a positive YCP experience from start to finish.
- Managing the chapter budget until chapter launch.
- Utilizing YCP’s best practices to inspire and motivate talented Catholics to join and potentially lead each new chapter.
- Regularly monitoring, tracking, and reporting on new chapter interest process.
- Providing regular reports and messaging to key stakeholders on the prospective chapter’s progress toward official formation and training.
Candidate should have the following attributes:
- Knowledge of and loyalty to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Degree of professionalism for interactions with prospective YCP supporters and leaders.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, asks key questions and welcomes feedback.
- A sense of initiative and grit.
- Self-starting and goal-oriented; able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think critically and problem-solve to achieve mission organizational goals.
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite, and comfortability learning new technologies (CRM, email systems, Google Drive, etc.).
- Willingness to travel to developing territories 80% of the work week.