The Orange Catholic Foundation (Foundation) is looking for a Database Coordinator. We are a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation and an autonomous pious foundation that exists to serve the Catholic community of Orange County, including its parishes, schools and overall diocesan mission. The Foundation plans and conducts major fundraising programs including annual appeals, the Conference on Business & Ethics, semiannual Wills & Trusts Weeks and other fundraising programs and events. The Foundation manages endowments and a variety of fund options. The Foundation works with donors to customize their charitable intentions and then grants funds according to the fund agreement and donor’s intent.
The Database Coordinator is responsible for the accurate recording and processing of all donor gifts, sponsorship’s and registrations, prepares requisite reports to ensure accuracy of information and produce acknowledgement letters, tax receipts and tribute notifications. The Database Coordinator reports to the Director of Advancement Systems and Analytics. This position also works with other Foundation staff on regular mailing of statements and other communications and provides occasional Foundation event support.
- Responsible for professional working relationships with staff, donors, community leaders, volunteers, parishes, and schools.
- Create and maintain constituent information, and database precisely and uniformly.
- Accurately enter confidential constituent and donation information into Raiser’s Edge.
- Understand, follow and uphold all data and constituent management policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all constituent and donation information according to Foundation policies.
- Proactively follow-through on projects to successful completion while meeting strict deadlines.
- Flexibility in job assignments and responsibilities.
- Raisers Edge experience
- Responsible for accurate and timely creation of acknowledgements and year end statements.
- Assists in regular database maintenance duties such as removing duplicate entries and making corrections based on direction from the Director of Advancement Systems and Analytics.
- Import data into Raiser’s Edge, such as data from Importomatic.
- Provide basic Raiser’s Edge training for other staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Time Management
- High Level of Communication Proficiency
- High School/GED Equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years post school working experience as a database staff in a reputable organization.
- Must possess good numerical and analytical skills
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing and able to work in a team, either as a member of the team or the leader of a team
- Display good research and organizational abilities
- Have an understanding of Catholic Church ethics, traditions, procedures and organizational structures.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel. Able to multi-task on several different types of activities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Skilled at listening and considering issues, options and alternatives and facilitating problem analysis and resolution.
- Experience in volunteerism or non-profit organization.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge software Constituents, memorials, events, gift entry, reports, imports and creating reports.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English. Spanish speaking highly desirable.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.