General Summary: The Development Director supports the St. Louis Center’s capital, endowment, operational fund raising efforts and Legacy Campaign. Responsible for developing our non-profit’s fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To foster the mission of St. Louis Center, a faith-based organization, in proclaiming the Gospel through the service of charity.
- Develop and oversee our annual fundraising programs.
- Supervise and coordinate daily activities of other staff in the Development department.
- Researches foundation, grant and corporate fundraising opportunities. Writes and submits appropriate requests for operational and program funding.
- Identify prospective individual donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our advertising department
- Provides administrative support by maintaining paper and electronic filing systems and databases
- Prepares written materials, such as correspondence, mailings, and materials supporting the development activities.
- Explores, initiates and maintains new avenues of agency growth via social media.
- Provides project support to any development endeavor, including planning and staffing meetings and events.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating SLC volunteers for fund raising events and internship programs relevant to the Development Department. Helps secure and manage donations of in-kind labor and materials for projects and events
- Assist with fund raising events and planning.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Foundation relationship and grant writing experience.
- Highly skilled in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database programs.
- High level of understanding and use of social media platforms.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills, including the ability to perform multiple tasks accurately.
- Requires initiative, self-motivation, and ability to work successfully with others.
- Requires excellent dependability and flexibility in work hours. Ability to travel as part of responsibilities.
- Must be comfortable with faith-based approaches to management and services.
- Ability to pass a drug test and physical