Title: Director of Admissions
The position includes duties as Director of Admissions and active contributor to the overall growth of students and the school. Will perform all other day-to-day duties as a full time staff member at Incarnate Word Academy.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A strong commitment to Catholic school education
- Goal oriented with collaborative work style
- Superior interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills
- Ability to gather, analyze and track data
- Effective communicator
- Strong computer skills
Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work as needed.
MISSION, VALUES AND SENSE OF COMMUNITY
- Ensures that the mission and values of the Academy are upheld within the department.
- Gives witness to integrity and respect while representing Incarnate Word Academy in the broader community.
- Engages and becomes part of the Incarnate Word Academy community.
- Serves all IWA families with compassion and respect.
- Manage all areas of enrollment and re-enrollment
- Meet/and or exceed enrollment goal for incoming freshmen.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet the goals
- Coordinate outreach and marketing activities related to recruitment in conjunction with the Principal and the Director of Communications and Marketing
- Work as liaison between IWA and the middle school community
- Supervise Admissions Team and manage admissions volunteers (Falcon Ambassadors and Parent Ambassadors)
- Oversee the admission budget
- Develop a strategic plan for generating enrollment goals at IWA
- Explore opportunities for new outreach activities for prospective students
- Explore opportunities to collaborate with other faculty and staff members to develop activities for prospective students
- Manage, plan and oversee all recruiting events, including but not limited to Open House
- Develop exciting and informative plan for 8th grade visits
- Coordinate 8th grade visits and transportation with St. Thomas High School
- Research and develop recruitment ideas
- Meet with interested students and families providing school tours and information about the school
- Act as liaison between the school and the applicants through the application process
- Attend private school fairs, including but not limited to Private School Preview
- Coordinate with the Director of Communications and Marketing the development of marketing materials and
Supervise the Admissions Process
- Direct and supervise the admissions process
- Track and move prospective families through admission funnel
- Compile data and monitor trends
- Keep abreast of national best practices for admissions and local HAIS procedures and timetables
- Organize and supervise Entrance Testing and Placement Testing for applicants
- Direct and supervise the Admissions Committee and the selection process
- Inform families regarding admissions decisions
- Consult with Principal, Academic Dean, and Dean of Students in final admissions decisions
- Assist the Counseling Department and Department Chairs in the correct placement of new students
- Keep informed about ISEE and HSPT testing and scoring procedures and periodically research high school entrance testing
New Student and Family orientation
- Plan and supervise new student orientation
- Attend parent coffees and other social events planned for parents
Communication/outreach with middle schools
- Build relationships by enthusiastic, positive interactions with prospective families on the phone, in writing, by e-mail, and/or in person.
- Communicate with middle schools regarding IWA application procedures
- Coordinate 8th grade visits
- Work with communications department to provide middle schools with information regarding IWA events; open house, plays, middle school events, IWA summer camps for middle school students
- Cultivate relationships with key members of Houston’s middle school community
- Supervise the maintenance of the applicant data base
- Oversee the preparation of new student files
Ambassador Management and Training
- Oversee the management of the Falcon Ambassador program as well as their involvement in activities in the school
- Develop a training program for Student and Parent Ambassadors
- Develop the selection guidelines for the Falcon Ambassadors
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Keep informed about Financial Aid and Scholarship procedures and best practices
- Provide information to School Administration and the Scholarship Committee about financial aid needs in the student body
- Schedule scholarship committee meeting with principal to review all applicants
- Provide information needed to scholarship/financial aid committee
- Notify all applicants by mail of scholarship decisions along with acceptance letters
Reports and Committees
- Report on recruiting and enrollment activities to the principal/president
- Create Board Reports that outline enrollment trends and strategies
- Serve on the Enrollment Retention Committee of the BOA
- Maintain active membership with HAIS (Houston Area Independent Schools)
- Attend workshops on the field of education and on the admission industry
- Receives immediate supervision from the School Principal.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an as needed basis. Management, at the appropriate level, retains the right to assign and change the duties of any position at any time.