About Young Catholic Professionals (YCP)
Young Catholic Professionals (YCP) is one of the nation’s fastest-growing Catholic organizations with chapters in cities across the country and international potential. YCP was founded by a young entrepreneur in 2010 in Dallas, TX. YCP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to inspire young professionals to ‘Work in Witness for Christ’.
YCP’s programs are designed to help young people at every stage of the journey grow as Catholics and professionals. Our members use their experience to become ambassadors of the Faith in the public square. In this way, YCP forms tomorrow’s leaders to step forward in their communities, parishes, and workplaces.
About the YCP National Office
The YCP National headquarters, located in Dallas, TX, offers support for chapters throughout the country, providing training, best practices, introductions, legal structure, website and database management. By consolidating the resources of the various YCP chapters and ensuring the highest quality of local programming, the National office creates a dynamic network across the country that we can all take advantage of – akin to a vibrant alumni network. Our entrepreneurial non-profit is approached by young adults across the world asking to launch a
YCP chapter in their city. We have active chapters in Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Houston, Denver, Orange County, Austin, Omaha, Chicago, Cleveland, Silicon Valley, San Diego, Phoenix, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Detroit, Orlando, Portland, Columbus, and Los Angeles and relationships with Catholic executives and young professionals in more than 75 other cities around the world.
Location: Dallas, TX
A new role on the YCP Executive Team, the Director of Advancement is a mission-critical, year-round and full-time position. They will be responsible for planning, evaluating, and implementing YCP’s advancement efforts in fundraising, marketing, event planning, expansions, grant writing, communications, and public relations, as needed.
This person will be responsible for assessing all current fundraising efforts while establishing an integrated and comprehensive strategy for fund development needed for expansion, new programs
and strategic partnerships. They will report directly to the Executive Director who will supervise and evaluate their work. They will be a deeply committed Catholic with the enthusiasm, personality, skills, background, spiritual sensitivity, and drive needed for this critical function.
Under the Board and Executive Director, this person will be responsible for developing, sustaining,
and deepening relationships on behalf of YCP with all prospective and existing donors (e.g., individuals, families, foundations, and corporations). The objective of all development activities will
be to help potential supporters deepen their understanding and investment in the ongoing opportunities facing YCP. The Director of Advancement will be expected to steward all existing and prospective donor relationships with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality.
• Work directly under the Executive Director’s supervision and in conjunction with the National Board and, as appropriate, chapter level development liaisons
• Create the annual fundraising plan with measurable goals and timelines
• Establish and maintain an effective tracking system and database management of all prospects, assignments, cultivation steps, solicitation and follow-up efforts necessary to for successful annual funding efforts
• Support the Executive Director’s major donor portfolio of 10-15 individuals through weekly meetings to review ongoing execution of cultivation strategies and solicitations
• Maintain a portfolio of 25-30 individuals/corporations/foundations identified as current or potential major donors; execute an individual cultivation and solicitation plan for each one annually
• Develop relationships with the National Board of Directors to cultivate additional networks of major donor prospects, as well as maintaining giving within the Board
• Work with the Executive Director, National Board members and other staff to identify potential major donors within YCP chapters across the country
• Prepare and produce all relevant materials, proposals, and correspondence needed for major gift solicitations and grant applications to foundations
• Organize and implement appropriate donor recognition programs
• Oversee the development and implementation of internal and external advancement communications plans
• Develop, promote, and sustain effective relationships with all constituents and supporters of YCP
• Bachelor’s degree with experience in marketing, fundraising or comparable area
• Committed Catholic in good standing with the Church
• Strong commitment to uphold and support the mission and vision of YCP
• Deeply trustworthy person of integrity and discretion
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated emotional intelligence and comfort-ability working with a wide variety of professionals
• Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and hard working with record of completing assignments
• Joyful demeanor with sense of humor, collaborative style, flexibility, and ability to work well both independently and with others