Have you ever felt that our Church could do more? That working in evangelization requires faithfulness and trust in God’s providence, but also a lot of passion, hard work, and creativity? Jesus invites all of us to “Come, follow me.” There’s no set formula or preordained path which shows us how to respond to this invitation, but we must respond nonetheless.
In the spirit of the New Evangelization – of “re-proposing” the Gospel in dynamic ways – here at Verso Ministries we strive to create unique opportunities for people to encounter Jesus on pilgrimage. If you want to be part of an exciting and animated environment – where every day there’s a new challenge – then our team might be for you.
Currently, we are seeking a Director of Business Development to develop and implement strategies for Verso’s customer acquisition, growth, and partnerships.
Your role at Verso Ministries
- Develop and implement strategies for new customer acquisition, increased customer retention, and strengthened loyalty
- Reach or exceed annual sales targets
- Establish and maintain new customer relationships with individuals and group leaders
- Travel to churches, schools, conferences, and events to promote Verso Ministries
- Cultivate partnerships with relevant organizations or individuals to expand customer base
- Collaborate with Brand Director on marketing, communications, and advertising projects
- Travel as a trip escort for pilgrimage groups
- Provide critical feedback to continually improve our pilgrimage services
- Assist with improving operational efficiency and strategies
You should have
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills – The ability to simplify complex concepts and influence others
- Drive – A commitment to give it your all and go the extra mile
- Persistence – Ability to persevere through difficulty, opposition, or rejection
- Attunement – Appropriately responsive to the emotions and actions of others
- Experience – At least 3-5 years experience in business development, sales, or related field
- Creativity – Find unique solutions by thinking outside-the-box when necessary
- Adaptability – An ability to learn new skills, to be flexible and to respond to ever-changing demands and situations
- Commitment – Passionate about the mission of Verso Ministries and of our Church’s task to evangelize all peoples
- Organization – Organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Experience with pilgrimage and/or international travel
- Ministerial training, formation, or experience
What we offer you
- Full-time employment with base salary and commission structure, commensurate with experience
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) and a flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Culture committed to continuous growth and professional development
- Office space with free coffee, workout facility, and more
Email John Paul Lichon at firstname.lastname@example.org with 150 words about why this job interests you and why you’re a good fit, along with a current resume.
Who we are
“Verso l’alto” – Nearly 100 years ago, Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati wrote these words on a now iconic picture of him as he scales the side of a cliff. Literally, the words mean “to the top” or “towards the heights.”
Metaphorically, the phrase means, “orient your entire life toward God.” In all that you do, in all that you are, seek the path that leads you to God. Blessed Pier Giorgio is a beautiful witness to living out this mantra.
Verso Ministries began to help people on their earthly pilgrimage in the spirit of Frassati. To help them on an all-consuming climb to reach the heavens, and to be one with God in our final resting. Verso Ministries helps pilgrims explore our incredible world and discover what God has in store for them. With deep experience in both travel and spiritual direction, Verso provides everything a pilgrim needs to focus on their own journey in the world and spiritual life. Destinations include the Holy Land, Camino, France, Italy, and World Youth Day. Learn more at VersoMinistries.com.