Title: Director of Marketing & Communications
The Director of Marketing & Communications works collaboratively with all members of Incarnate Word Academy faculty and staff to support three major goals at IWA: (1) increase enrollment (2) increase funds raised and (3) raise city-wide profile of the school.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday with occasional evening and weekend work as needed
MISSION, VALUES AND SENSE OF COMMUNITY
- Models the mission and values of IWA and the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament
- Serves as a positive representative of IWA within the broader community
- Engages and becomes part of the Incarnate Word Academy community.
- Prepare and follow a yearly marketing calendar
- Create and execute strategies to highlight IWA in the Herald, local newspapers, magazines, website, etc.
- Assess effectiveness of department goals and strategies
- Lead the implementation of the marketing portion of the strategic plan
- Ensure that school and student-related newsworthy events and activities are marketed.
- Provide staff leadership for Board of Advisors Marketing Committee
Writing and Editing
- Write and edit communications to target audiences including but not limited to: regular emails, newsletters, and publications to parents, alumnae, board members, donors, and others
- Write and edit all content for The Word, IWA’s bi-annual magazine
- Write and edit regular press releases and ad campaigns for distribution to local media
- Write and edit all content for IWA’s digital platforms, including but not limited to the Academy’s website and social networking sites
- Write and edit video scripts
Website & Social Media
- Write and edit compelling content for IWA’s digital platforms including IWA’s website, social media pages, posts, responses, etc.
- Pull performance metrics and analyze reports for IWA’s website and social media profiles
- Research and implement digital marketing best practices including SEO, PPC, etc.
Brand & Graphic Design
- Design The Word, IWA’s bi-annual magazine • Maintain and monitor the adherence to the IWA’s Brand Guidelines
- Approve format and design of all print materials generated by other departments before being released to the IWA Community and beyond
- Design various school promotional materials (programs, Admissions materials, Advancement materials etc.)
- Coordinate media relations activities and serve as an IWA’s media liaison
- Publicize school functions, events and accomplishments through the press
Project Management & Other Duties
- Manage performance of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Create opportunities for students/faculty/staff/ parents to submit photos and/or material for publications
- Shoot photography and videography of school functions for marketing purposes
- Manage the outsourcing of design, video, and printing projects with external marketing vendors
- Attend Board of Advisors Meetings
- Special projects as assigned
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- Passionate about Catholic education and about the IWA mission
- Creative, flexible, organized, skilled and a self-starter
- Works will with others
- College degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth training program directly related to marketing, communications, public relations and/or advertising
- At least 3 years of related job experience
- Demonstrated writing/editing skills
- Proficiency in Content Management Systems for websites and social media
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms (Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc.)
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Microsoft Office, and Mac OS
- Knowledge of marketing and communications principles
- A capacity to oversee multiple projects concurrently
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an as needed basis. Management, at the appropriate level, retains the right to assign and change the duties of any position at any time.