Ablaze Ministries is a non-profit organization working within Catholic parishes to provide effective youth ministry. The Director of Youth Ministries serves as a full time missionary with a three-year commitment. The Director of Youth Ministries is needed to support youth ministers and oversee their ministries to ensure the quality of ministry provided to parishes meets the goals and standards outlined in the Ablaze Ministries mission statement.
Our team is looking for someone who loves their Catholic faith, is passionate about youth ministry, the New Evangelization, and is willing to start each workday in prayer with the staff. The candidate must have excellent motivational leadership skills, be well organized, have superb verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to collaborate with teams of adult volunteers. The candidate must exemplify our core values of high integrity, team oriented, committed to excellence, joy, humble service & passionate about youth.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Each Director of Youth Ministries serving with Ablaze Ministries is expected to have a life of prayer and a continued effort to unite one’s heart to Christ. The Director of Youth Ministries is needed to support youth ministers as well as develop middle school and high school youth ministry programs through mentorship. The Director of Youth Ministries serves to mentor, train, and hold youth ministers accountable in ministry.
Responsibilities of the Director of Youth Ministries also include:
- Coordinate/lead meetings and trainings
- Coordinate with on-staff theologian regarding continued youth minister theological education
- Assess the goals of youth ministers and provide formation to meet their needs
- Attend ministry events of youth minister’s parish program and provide feedback
- Contribute to the Ablaze Ministries’ online & written resources
- Provide support for larger events hosted by Ablaze Ministries
EXPECTATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- A Master’s degree, or pursuit of a Master’s degree, is required to apply for this position. A degree in Theology, Religious Studies, Youth Ministry, or a similar field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years in youth ministry is required, preferably including various ministry settings.
- Citizenship of the United States is required.
- Willingness to abide by Personal Conduct Agreement and Spiritual Covenant.
- Committed disciple of Christ reflected in a life of pervasive prayer, devotion to the Eucharist, and a life of holiness.
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to work with Fundraising Coordinator to meet salary goals.
Responsibilities of this position in supervising other employees:
- Assign work, give direction
- Review and approve employee’s work
- Conduct performance reviews
- Formally discipline employees
- Instruct and train employees