Title: Director, Product Management
Reports to: CEO
Full time, Salary @ 40 hours and Work from Home
The Director of Product Management (DPM) for WWP is a self-motivated team player who excels in learning the buying habits and consumer satisfaction requirements of target markets and making sure that the organization creates or enhances its products to meet the goals of the target consumers and the organization. The DPM will be responsible for providing the information necessary for our product creation and Participant Experience teams to use in the product development and delivery of WWP products for all of our five target markets. The DPM is responsible for doing the primary and secondary research necessary to deeply understand the target market so as to develop a plan for that market in-line with the mission of WWP. The DPM is responsible for regularly communicating her/his understanding and insights into the target market to WWP senior leadership and to use those insights in the creation or enhancement of our products for that market.
Our DPM will develop product and market strategies, manage product roadmaps and monitor the product development process to execution. Our DPM will advocate for the consumer while synthesizing the requirements of many teams to write product requirement documents. Working closely with content creation and content production, our DPM will monitor the content development process to keep stakeholders informed and continually test and iteratively release work to optimize the content experience for our targeted consumers.
Our DPM will use analytics, research and user testing tools to quickly learn what is working and optimize participant experiences. She/he will be the educator on best practices, industry trends and competitive landscape for the products and markets that they are responsible for.
Each product will have a set of specifications that have been derived from the product development process. Once each product has been “greenlighted” into the content production the DPM will monitor the process to make sure that that the product is being produced to the final specifications, or a team decision has been made to alter the specifications as a result of new information.
The ideal candidate has been a participant in a Walking with Purpose study and is seeking to leverage professional skills toward the support and growth of the ministry.
Ideally our DPM lives in the New York Metro market and can be very productive working from home and via video conferencing. Our DPM should be experienced at working effectively in a growth environment. Our DPM is smart, resourceful, an out-of-the-box thinker, who loves and appreciates working on a successful team and the unique role that she/he plays on that team.
Experience and Education
- 3+ years product management experience
- Experience with the book/studies lifecycle experience and agile development methodologies
- Entrepreneurial and non-profit and/or ministry experience a plus
- Experience in financial management with P&L and budget management
- B.A. or B.S. in business, publishing or a similar degree or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus
- Manage the product roadmap and execute on the strategic vision
- Be the ultimate source of knowledge for your products and their performance
- Act as the liaison between business owners, project stakeholders, and outside vendors.
- Lead requirements gathering, prioritize features, manage the scope of business requirements, and keep focus on project deliverables.
- Communicate often and openly with cross-functional stakeholders so that all teams are informed on product and release status, performance metrics, future rollouts and activity with your product(s).
- Effectively utilize data to make decisions.
- Working with management and stakeholders, define, analyze and report on product KPIs.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Attendance at key WWP Annual Meetings
- Passion for WWP and bringing women to a personal relationship with Christ
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong and proven skills in creating quality documents such as business requirements/use cases, functional specifications, test plans and test cases
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate business and market problems and apply technology and domain knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Ability to multi-task and work self-sufficiently in a fast paced, fluid work environment
- Ability to travel occasionally to interface with stakeholders and remote team members
- Strong experiences with A/B testing and performance analysis
- Proficiency with usability testing and user testing, prototyping, and persona-based design development
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and remotely in a fast-paced environment
- Solution oriented, with the ability to think critically and creatively and to articulate complex ideas tailored for specific audiences in a clear and concise manner,
- Proficient knowledge and use of MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Docs
- Flexibility and a can-do attitude to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Results orientation and strong ability to develop and manage against key performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others