Are you ready to join an organization where you can use your unique talents and gifts to make an extraordinary impact every day? The Catholic Foundation of Michigan seeks a bright, enthusiastic and experienced Donor Services Associate to support our team on day-to-day donor stewardship and client support functions. This includes campaign gift fulfillment, redemption, accounting, database administration, event management along with various administrative duties. The Donor Services Associate promotes and represents the mission of the Catholic Foundation of Michigan and ensures efficient and productive execution of campaign financial functions and operations. This position also offers the unique opportunity to work towards the missionary transformation of our parish communities and schools.
1. Gift Fulfillment, Redemption and Campaign Accounting – 40%
- In consultation with key point persons and vendors, track and verify donor acknowledgments, gift reminders and donor tax documentation.
- Implement procedures for all aspects of the campaign contribution, gift fulfillment and redemption process.
- Steward cash flow, usage of funds and impact of those funds to reinforce the mission.
- Track project fundraising, donor recognition and information into Foundation database.
- Posting contributions, reconciling account balances; checking and correcting the donation computations; running reports and performing other routine accounting activities.
2. Donor Services and Client Support – 30%
- Provide positive correspondence with donors via multiple mediums.
- Receive and handle front-end processing of campaign contributions.
- Prepare and maintain electronic and/or hard copy records related to project partners, donors, funds, gifts and grants.
- Articulate community impact and engagement to leadership and project partners.3. Database Administration– 20%
- Record all agreement details to keep accurate, up-to-date files.
- Assure the quality of data contained within the database and lead ongoing, regular maintenance efforts.
- Update grants database with grant information, including report dates and requirements.
- Develop reporting and analysis of data from databases as needed for grant and communication materials.
4. Events and Special Projects – 10%
- Assist in the planning of and attendance at Foundation-run campaign events; this requires some evening and weekends.
- Drive events coordination by spearheading collaboration with team for event scheduling, set up and breakdown.
- Represent Catholic Foundation of Michigan professionally and with a sense of genuine warmth and hospitality at events.*
- 2+ years of experience in donor data management with a focus on community foundations or development/financial services.
- Outstanding professional, interpersonal, collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Exceptional computer skills, including direct experience with database management, as well as standard Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with accounting and financial software.
- Resourceful, self-starter – willing to adjust to changes in demands and follow tasks through to completion.
- Enthusiastic attitude; problem-solving mindset with a keen eye for detail.
- Basic knowledge of and familiarity with the organizational structure and practices of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Prior experience working with nonprofit organizations, annual fundraising, capital campaigns, donor relations is a plus
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel with experience using word merge, creating charts, graphs, or any other advanced Excel formulas and functions is a plus
- Working knowledge of online CRM systems and financial databases
- Willing and able to work various hours, schedules, holidays, weekends and at times, long hours on the job to accommodate the needs of the Foundation
- Fluent in Spanish
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive salary starting at $42,500+ depending on qualifications and recent donor services experience
- Excellent insurance plans through the Michigan Catholic Conference
- Generous paid time off vacation leave, personal days, sick leave
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with varying abilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To Apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications desired prior to February 20th. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Catholic Foundation of Michigan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions at the Catholic Foundation of Michigan will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,500.00 /year