Women Veteran Services program of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is seeking a House Manager.
Catholic Charities’ Women Veterans Program offers hope for women who have served this country and are in crisis. We help through financial assistance for rent, mortgage, food, employment and education guidance, and through other services.
The House Manager is responsible for monitoring of the day-to-day operations of the residential building systems and coordination of residential resources and activities at the Villa.
A successful candidate will be responsible, well organized and a strong communicator.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Direct Client Care
- Provides on-site support to residents as necessary in collaboration with Lead House Manager and Villa Case Management team
- Assign and monitor housekeeping resident chore list.Coordinate distribution of essential resources and supplies
- Facilitate distribution of food, household supplies, and starter kits for residents
- Program/Facility Management
- Maintain inventory and supply orders
- Coordinate repairs and physical upkeep of the building’s interior and exterior
- Provide briefing to House Management Team and summary of daily shift status
- Conduct regular room inspections
- Responsible for providing consistent security of the facility
- Data Management
- Maintain daily activity log, sign-in/out sheets
- Responsible for maintaining records and submitting monthly reports.
- Community Collaboration– Participate in the coordination and implementation of resident social events, program orientations and settlement services
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED required.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- One year case management, personal/ property protection systems, or office management experience required.
- Knowledge of general social work practice, values and ethics preferred.
- Knowledge of veteran community and veteran resources preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse populations in collaborative situations required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office.