The Human Resources department of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is seeking a self-motivated, professional Human Resources Assistant who has solid experience supporting a team and staying organized, is a go-getter, loves diving into any task – big or small. The ideal candidate is approachable, charismatic, enjoys research, is at ease speaking with all levels of staff, is able to meet fast-paced deadlines, manage multiple tasks and projects daily, tech savvy and is experienced in contributing innovative solutions as an HR team member.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics, including those of a confidential nature.
- Prepares thorough HR Board Committee meeting packets and record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Conserves VP’s time by drafting letters and documents, preparing reports, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating communications and generate reports for VP from HRIS (Paycom software) as needed.
- Maintains VP’s appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and acts as the gatekeeper by fielding phone calls, taking requests for meetings and coordinating various aspects of interdepartmental communication as necessary.
- Effectively runs the executive office and perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and coordinate logistics and food for meetings and events as needed.
- Prepares, prints and helps distribute materials for VP and team as needed
- Prepares check requests, petty cash requests, and invoices for payment (code invoices, approval signatures).
- Orders and maintains team supplies and inventory
- Processes personnel action forms in Paycom and employee and volunteer badges.
- Performs monthly random drug screens.
New Hire Onboarding Responsibilities
- Process pre-employment tests & checks: eVerify entries, background check data entry, pre-employment drug tests, references, and assist HR Generalists other new hire application materials as needed.
- Responds to general HR questions and/or route inquiries to appropriate team members.
- Manage and retrieve pre-employment tests & checks.
- Assists recruiting efforts by posting job requisitions, reviewing for minimum qualifications for nonexempt roles, performing prescreen interview phone calls for nonexempt roles as needed
Employee File Management & Compliance Responsibilities
- Electronic filing of documents, updating and maintaining information in the HRIS (Human Resources Information System) and ensuring employment documents are uploaded to employee records, as well as retrieving and forwarding documents upon request.
- Assists in maintaining the company’s employee records and I9 files, which will include completing audits on those records.
- Perform HR department audits:
- personnel files
- driver’s license and insurance
- backgrounds and MVRs
- employee credentials: professional certifications and licensures
Employee Engagement Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining HR Monthly Newsletters, creating HR communications (flyers, birthday and anniversary monthly announcements, staff events, etc.).
- Responsible for logistics and coordination (room/food, etc.) of agency-wide employee initiatives/events/training and HR team meetings, training, initiatives to include calendar invitations and/or flyers.
- Order employee recognition awards and gifts
- Manage employee data uploads to keep up-to-date information on HR & Benefits link agency intranet
- Some college course work, Associate’s degree preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least one year of Executive HR Assistant experience.
- Two to five years’ experience in administrative support, one to two years in an HR department.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-performance team.
- Proficiency generating various weekly and monthly reporting metrics and stats.
- Advanced Microsoft Office/365: Word (Mail Merge, Newsletters), Excel (Vlookups, Pivet tables, formulas), PPT (Animation, Graphics), and Access; (Sharepoint knowledge desirable)
- HRIS and ATS helpful (Paycom desirable/preferred).
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/projects.
- Demonstrated success in dealing with a variety of people, staff and senior management and volunteers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Self-motivated, ethical, mission-oriented, professional, and reliable.
- Maintain confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule as needed to meet work, program and project deadlines.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid Texas driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance
- Position requires occasional driving in personal vehicle and/or Agency vehicle to include freeways and highways to satellite offices, job fairs, and offsite meetings and events, throughout the 10 counties Catholic Charities serves from Galveston to Richmond and surrounding towns as needed.