Part-Time Human Resource Generalist
Title: Part-time HR Generalist
Reports to: CEO and Board Chair, Walking with Purpose
Location: Work from Home, mandatory monthly travel to NY Metro area
Our mission is to transform the hearts and lives of women by providing Bible studies that enable
women to know Christ through Scripture and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
WWP is the perfect place to work for the right person. With your professional expertise, our
remote and flexible hours and a ministry that it is impacting the lives of Catholic women across
the US, we believe that there is no better place to work.
Walking with Purpose is a fast-growing Catholic women’s ministry offering adult women’s Bible
study programs, a Bible study series for young adult women and a brand-new ministry for
- Revise and oversee orientation on-board program for all part-time and full-time
employees (employee handbook)
- Develop and deploy an annual performance review process using the Topgrading
method/scorecard review for existing and new employees
- Draft job descriptions for hiring manager
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal employment laws
- Direct/engage recruiter to fill open positions with A level employees
- Recommend and implement a HR Information Management system for the data entry, data tracking, and data information needs of the Human Resources, payroll, management, and accounting functions within a business.
- Professional development and training in areas of potential growth opportunities
- Caretaker of employee culture; recognizing employee anniversaries, life events, etc.
- Perform exit interviews of departing employees as needed
- This is a part-time, work-from-home position. Ideal candidate lives or can easily travel to metro NY for monthly meetings
- Five or more years experience in HR with some recruiting experience, previous work
experience in the non-profit space preferred
- PHR or SPHR designations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proven track record managing human resources department in fast-paced business
- Excellent communication, networking, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate high degree of flexibility
- Proficient in Google Business Apps and MS Office
- Detail-oriented, ability to learn management systems including Salesforce
Estimated 25 hours per week, competitive non-profit salary based on experience