Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is seeking an HR Specialist for Recruitment and Onboarding.
The HR Specialist, Recruitment & Onboarding, is a full-time position that will facilitate the full-cycle talent engagement process and requires performing professional level human resource activities within the primary discipline of recruitment, new-hire administration and onboarding.
The successful candidate is self-motivated with a strong work ethic, proven experience managing full-cycle recruitment and onboarding and possesses a sense of urgency and persistence and is willing to develop an understanding of the agency workforce needs and challenges. Balancing strategic and tactical acumen, one must be able to strategize while performing in this role, and be adept at planning, processing, and organizing a vast amount of information with great attention to detail.
Recruitment: This role is the first point of contact for incoming employees and leaders and requires utmost professionalism to ensure a seamless experience. Collaboration with hiring managers for identifying and recruiting potential candidates will be essential, as well as, development of strategies used in talent management.
- Works closely with hiring managers to provide support in the areas of identifying, attracting, and hiring top talent and that hiring targets are met. Reviews resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements. Ensures that all stakeholders are kept informed during full-cycle recruitment.
- Develops and implement a Talent Acquisition strategy and supporting programs that focus on both quality of hire (i.e. culture, fit, retention, etc.) and timeliness of hire
- Responsible for the full recruitment lifecycle to include defining, developing, planning and implementing recruiting strategies, managing all job requisitions through the Paycom ATS, providing interview aids, and attending and/or hosting job fairs.
- Manages and prepares job postings and performs screenings, and provides recruitment and onboarding training to program staff management as needed. Maintains presence on various job boards, resume databases and professional networks.
- Establishes innovative candidate sourcing strategies, especially for hard-to-fill positions and redistributing job postings to attract new applications and generate interest.
- Reviews applications and resumes to establish a narrow candidate pool and makes recommendations to hiring managers on the top candidates.
- Performs general HR related tasks as needed to deliver full lifecycle recruiting, including tracking and auditing to ensure compliance.
- Ensures positive candidate experiences from the initial screening to the final onboarding.
- Maintains awareness of competitor practices, industry trends and recruitment standards.
- Establishes and maintains a candidate pool through staffing agencies, outside vendors, and universities relationships.
Onboarding: Manage the onboarding process effectively with the highest level of accuracy and consistency to meet internal and external customer expectations in accordance with Federal, State, Agency, and EEOC requirements.
- Manages assigned components of the new hire process including processing of applications, on-boarding invitations, eVerify entries, background checks, timely completion of offer letters to include new employee orientation date, and status notifications to hiring authorities. Processes and reviews criminal history record information, pre-employment drug tests, references, and other new hire application materials. Ensures paperwork is in compliance with company policies and procedures, including the employment authorization process.
- Develops onboarding collaterals, resources, and communications.
- Assists in development and implementation of Agency onboarding plan.
- Ensures all applicable new hire employment forms received and reviewed for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Accurately processes new hire information in Paycom and ensures new hires receive timely responses to inquiries, questions.
- Independently coordinate and communicate with all internal groups, hiring managers, and external parties (as required), to ensure smooth onboarding process.
- Work with management to gather data, analyze and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Accurately prepare for compliance audits and coordinate special projects as requested.
- Manages, audits and responds to the Recruiting Inbox.
General HR Administration
- Generate monthly reports and onboarding and recruitment analytics
- Perform and/or assist in HR department audits monthly, yearly and bi-yearly
- Accurately maintain online employee files
- Manages New Hire Personnel Action Forms
- Assists HR department team members with projects, reports, correspondence, and other activities as requested and acts as back up to other HR team members as needed.
- And, participate in HR projects, travel to satellite offices, and perform other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Onboarding: 2 years (Required); proven work experience in Paycom Employees and Human Resources modules, strong knowledge of hiring processes, including new hire pre-employment background check screening, understanding of HR best practices and current EEO Uniform guidelines, nonprofit experience preferred
- Recruiting: 3 years (Required); proven work experience in Paycom ATS module, full lifecycle recruiting, proficient with social media recruiting platforms, resume databases and professional networks, nonprofit experience preferred
- Project Coordination: 1 year (Preferred); exceptional organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines and executing successful on-site job fairs
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and compliance programs required
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills and ability to demonstrate critical-thinking skills
- Inclination to think independently and work proactively with a sense of urgency and ownership
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion and proven ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Demonstrated proficiency with applicant tracking, both systems based and ad-hoc
- Experience developing presentations, generating reports, and recommendations to management teams
- Previous experience supporting various cultures, professions, and educational backgrounds and managing relationships effectively with a variety of levels of staff
- Ability to positively interact and collaborate in a team environment
- Understanding and support of Catholic Social Teachings
- Proficiency in or knowledge of a variety of computer software applications and Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn new software programs and system processes with ease
- Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding and file maintenance, organizational and analytical skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is helpful, but not required
- Demonstrated time management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail, accurate data entry and excellent proofing capability
- Ability to work under pressure, in a dynamic environment and manage deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- I have reliable transportation, a valid Texas driver’s license and a valid vehicle insurance
- I understand the position requires occasional to frequent driving in personal vehicle and/or Agency vehicle to include freeways and highways to satellite offices, job fairs, and offsite meetings and events, throughout the 10 counties Catholic Charities serves from Galveston to Richmond and surrounding towns as needed.
- I understand I must be able to work on a flexible schedule as needed to meet work, program and project deadlines.