The Orange Catholic Foundation (Foundation) is a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation that exists to serve the Catholic community of Orange County. The Foundation’s primary function is to raise funds through planned giving and various fundraising programs including major gifts, annual giving, and special events. In addition, the Foundation manages endowments and a variety of funds. The Foundation works with donors to customize their charitable intentions and then grants funds according to the fund agreement and donor’s intent.
We are an autonomous, pious foundation that works in collaboration with members of our Diocese of Orange to raise, manage, grow and grant funds supporting all aspects of the Catholic faith following each donor’s intent.
This role will manage key work streams and/or entire events, and communication plans. The preferred candidate will have experience in graphic design, marketing, communications, operations and logistics as well as strategic management of year-long cycles of planning and working within cross-functional teams.
- Plan, produce, implement and oversee the execution of marketing and communications plan in collaboration with the Vice President of Philanthropy
- Responsible for all aspects of marketing for the Foundation including media, promotions, website and collateral materials.
- Manages website content and design, social media (fundraising campaigns, new initiatives, and advocacy work) and graphics content, as well as manage the content and production and calendar of digital magazines, including email marketing platforms.
- Creates printed materials including annual report, programs, posters and postcards; assists in coordination with printers to ensure accuracy, print quality, and deadlines are met.
- Develop materials to deliver the Foundation’s messages to the public and the media.
- Oversee and assist with organization and coordination of conferences, gatherings, seminars and other events.
Major Gifts/Annual Giving:
Works closely with the Development team to support all fundraising strategies and goals through a variety of communications and marketing efforts. Efforts may also include special events and donor recognition initiative
Budget Management: Responsible for the development of and day-to-day management of all marketing-related revenue and expenses. Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to the VP of Philanthropy. Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing and reporting
Collateral: Collaborates with Graphic Designers to develop collateral marketing materials that complement the organization’s branding and messaging. Prepare written materials including some marketing copy, business communications, reports and presentation scripts. Write and distribute press releases. Responsible for ensuring accuracy in information and proofreading.
Internal / External Communications: Oversees targeted internal and external communication to all constituency groups. Responsible for developing, reviewing, and approving written documents and presentations.
PowerPoint Presentations: Oversees the development and approval of all marketing-related PowerPoint presentations for internal and external meetings and events.
Special Events: Oversees the planning and implementation of all marketing collateral for special events to ensure goals of each are being met. Collaborates with Graphic Designers to develop programs for special events, including the Conference on Business & Ethics, Gala and other major fundraising events. Manages ad placements on all Special Event programs and coordinates with advertisers on ad submission in the proper size and formats by the designated deadline and by communicating with the Business Analyst to ensure accurate ad placement
Strategic Planning: Works with the Executive Director, the VP of Development and Foundation Board members to develop and implement long-term and short-term measurable goals and strategies that directly support the Foundation’s mission and priorities. Analyze marketing and communications programs and make recommendations to adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
Support Groups and Volunteers: Works with Development team to develop strategies and implement tactics to attract and retain Foundation Board, Advisory Board, and volunteer leadership.
Professional with exceptional leadership, supervisory, analytical, and strategic planning skills. Demonstrates the following:
- Ability to plan and implement a variety of branding, marketing, and special event programs simultaneously.
- Skilled in managing projects with multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Both an independent nature and ability to work productively with internal staff in an evolving work environment.
- Ability to communicate with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Works effectively with a wide range of people, including media, Board members, volunteer leadership, staff members, business leaders, and donors.
- Ability and poise to interact with donors and volunteers with high capacity and social status.
- Strong computer skills expert in the use of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign; Keynote, WordPress, animation, and HTML is preferred. An understanding of online video, social media, and YouTube platform is preferred; proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- General understanding of website content development. Ability to use contact management system and other social media to create and send emails, newsletters etc.
- Experience collaborating with graphic designers, overseeing collateral publication, and publication design.
- Strong organizational skills with a heightened attention to detail and accuracy and ability to prioritize projects and deadlines.
- Must have excellent written, oral communication, organizational skills.
- Positive and professional attitude under pressure.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining collaborative working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, Board members, Diocesan leadership and volunteer leadership and supporters.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours as needed. Valid driver’s license and use of a personal car is required.
- The Marketing and Events Director reports directly to the Communications and Marketing Officer
- Successful candidates will have 5+ years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a similar discipline.
Office environment; moderate lifting up to 25 pounds. Must have a valid driver’s license, and a fully insured vehicle for transportation.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Benefits provided: Health, vision, and dental plan and 403b