Currently seeking a Marketing Manager for a full time, permanent position with a Catholic family of ministries in Hollywood, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a passionate group of people dedicated to inspiring, promoting and fostering spiritual well-being of families throughout the world! This position works to grow the visibility of the ministry and deepen engagement with the families they serve.
Responsibilities of the Marketing Manager:
- Serve the spiritual needs of families in the Catholic tradition by creating and executing integrated marketing campaigns, particularly social media, to advance the mission.
- Develop, execute and optimize marketing and social media content to increase engagement and ministry growth.
- Participate in training, orientation and retreat days as required by position supervisor.
- Create an operational process with the Social Media Manager to find, surface, and highlight content that aligns with mission;
- Responsible for curation strategy, working with partners and internal editors to develop the best approach to advance the mission on digital channels.
- Research, establish and evaluate content for digital strategy success using current best practices for digital outreach.
- Serve as a news media liaison and/or spokesperson for the organization.
- Proactive public relations: produce a year-round calendar to generate ongoing presence in all streams of media
- Create content for ongoing content for PR – including interviewing internal staff, collecting information and media elements, and drafting stories.
- Provide reporting on media coverage in collaboration with other External Relations staff.
Qualifications of the Marketing Manager:
- College degree in marketing, communications, writing, theology or related field.
- Minimum 3-4 years as a marketer, author, blogger, religious content creator.
- Knowledge of Catholic teaching, practice, customs, symbols, liturgy and prayer. Theology training preferred; knowledge of the Rosary, the 20 Mysteries of the Rosary, Catholic sacraments, imagery and symbols.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
- General project management and organizational skills; Self-driven and well-organized work habits.
- Demonstrates ability to create meaningful family content for a primarily Catholic audience with varying degrees of faith formation and participation.
- Demonstrates creativity with documented immersion in digital media. Shows ability to create and design internet content.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Ability and enthusiasm to participate on a creative team that is mission and audience driven, attentive to planning and calendaring, supportive and mutually accountable for achieving deadlines and increasing product quality and impact.
- Ability to train, orient and supervise volunteers, interns and contracted professional.
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Knowledge of Word and Outlook as well as social media apps and tools; knowledge and experience with photography.
Starting salary for the Marketing Manager is up to $90, 000 plus an outstanding benefits package