Supervisor: Director of Youth Ministries, Pastor
Position Type: Full-Time
Ablaze Ministries is a non-profit organization working within Catholic parishes to provide effective youth ministry. The Youth Minister serves as a full time missionary with a two-year commitment. Ablaze Ministries provides summer training and time for fundraising before Youth Ministers enter into their assigned parish ministry. Ablaze Ministries also provides 1-on-1 mentorship for everyone on staff. The Youth Minister is needed to creatively and energetically grow a youth ministry program, form intentional disciples, and present the faith in a way that is relevant to young people.
Our team is looking for someone who loves their Catholic faith, is passionate about youth ministry and the New Evangelization, and is willing to start each workday in prayer with the staff. The candidate must have excellent motivational leadership skills, be well organized, have superb verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to collaborate with teams of adult volunteers. The candidate must exemplify our core values of high integrity, team oriented, committed to excellence, joy, humble service & passionate about youth.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Each Youth Minister at Ablaze Ministries is expected to have a life of prayer and a continued effort to unite one’s heart to Christ. The Youth Minister is needed to develop and coordinate a high school or middle school comprehensive youth ministry program including implementation of catechesis, sacramental preparation, small groups, service experiences, retreats, prayer experiences, relational ministry, and teen-leadership formation.
Responsibilities of the Youth Minister will also include:
- Provide vision and coordination for the parish’s efforts in ministry to young people in either middle school (7th – 8th grade) or high school (9th – 12th grade)
- Coordinate and lead weekly youth nights, monthly activities, catechesis, and retreats
- Support fellow Youth Ministers at Ablaze Ministries and their programs through collaboration and, if possible, participation in their events
- Participation in partner Youth Minister’s weekly youth nights
- Attend weekly Youth Minister meetings and occasional parish staff meetings
- Serve as the Ablaze Ministries liaison with the pastor, parish staff, and parish council
- Contribute to Ablaze Ministries’ online resources
- Provide support for larger events hosted by the parish and Ablaze Ministries
Expectations and Requirements To Apply
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred to apply for this position
- Citizenship of the United States is required
- Experience in youth ministry is preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred
- Proficiency in social media and technology
- Ability to work with Fundraising Coordinator to meet salary goals
- Willingness to abide by Personal Conduct Agreement and Spiritual Covenant
- Committed disciple of Christ reflected in a life of pervasive prayer, devotion to the Eucharist, and a life of holiness
The mission of Ablaze Ministries is to implement the US Bishops’ vision of comprehensive youth ministry by engaging, nurturing, and empowering discipleship in young people, ministers and volunteers, as well as within families.
For the youth: Ablaze Ministries enables schools and parishes of all sizes to sustain professional, cost-effective, and enthusiastic ministry rooted in prayer, fellowship, and formation. Our ministry enables collaboration of community parishes, highlighting the true connectedness of the universal Church.
For the ministers: Ablaze Ministries provides youth ministers with spiritual formation, professional development, and theological training. Our team of missionaries work together in community, sharing each other’s gifts and holding each other accountable to meet the needs and the call of the Catholic Church.