The Admission Counselor reports directly to the Senior Director of Enrollment Management. In collaboration with the Senior Director of Enrollment Management, the Admission Counselor offers input in the design, execution and assessment of a comprehensive recruitment plan. The successful candidate will serve as the primary field representative through a range of recruitment activities with stated benchmarks/objectives for the purpose of increasing applications and enrollment from the Chicago metropolitan area.
To this end, the Admission Counselor will foster relationships with key influencer contacts as outlined in the institutional strategic plan, facilitate CTU’s presence at conferences and exhibits, actively manage a set of inquiries from initial interest through application, and assist with the coordination of recruitment and orientation events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, manage and maintain a designated portfolio of key influencers with the Senior Director of Enrollment Management.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and respond to questions and inquiries from prospective students through various channels (e.g. individual appointments, telephone, email and social networking.)
- Nurture relationships, through various communication channels, with prospective students, parishes, Archdiocesan and campus contacts providing admissions advice and counsel relative to the recruitment and admissions processes.
- Maintain a travel schedule and represent CTU at various recruitment events, conferences, campus visits, and yield activities throughout the Chicago metropolitan area, as well as Regional/National Conferences.
- Arrange and complete campus appointments with prospective students by coordinating schedules and logging appointments.
- Regularly present admissions and recruitment information.
- Project management for events such as student receptions and alumni events.
- Regularly interface with external community groups and organizations to promote and support the CTU’s overall recruitment efforts.
- Host and assist in the coordination of on-campus programs for prospective students.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment strategies and make recommendations for program changes and enhancements.
- Compile, assess and interpret student data, event outcomes, recruitment trends, market area trends and regularly report findings to senior leadership.
- Utilize CRM system to track and follow up with active prospects and influencers, ensuring contact information and activity is captured in system in a consistent and timely manner.
- Participate in and contributes to Enrollment Management Team meetings and projects.
- Reviews assigned admission applications and make decision recommendations.
- Proactively address the needs of the regional territory.
- Attend major CTU programs, events, and trainings.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in Theology or Ministry preferred.
- Familiarity with and/or awareness of higher education context, enrollment operations and education for ministry and theology.
- Extensive local/regional/national travel is required on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity to, and appreciation for CTU’s Catholic context and particular mission.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement institutional recruitment processes, policies and procedures.
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach in a fast-paced admissions office setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated computer skills: Microsoft Office, database and web applications
- Superior communication skills: writing and speaking, interpersonal and group presentations.
Catholic Theological Union is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status.