5 Stones, a Catholic company that supports nonprofits and mission-driven organizations with core business services, is looking for new members of our Software Development team within the Creative Department. 5 Stones offers a career doing fulfilling work in a vibrant Catholic community of passionate and engaging colleagues. Be a part of our small, close-knit team in Sycamore, Illinois that is dedicated to putting our gifts and talents at the service of the Church by supporting Catholic apostolates with full-suite technology solutions.
- Development and maintenance of websites, microsites, partner sites, applications, and other additional web or development projects.
- Communication with clients and management to provide sound and innovative technical solutions for the growing business needs of each organization.
- Integration and optimization of distributed systems.
- Experience in software development or another related field.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or another related field is preferred but not necessary if an applicant has the necessary skill sets from professional experience.
- Ability to learn new technologies and stay abreast of general web development best practices. We work with an ever-evolving list of technologies including but not limited to Ruby on Rails, Symfony, Node.js, the MEAN Stack, the traditional LAMP stack, Angular2, Python, SQL, NoSQL, Linux, Git, graph databases, RESTful, SOAP, other API’s, and whatever the next legacy codebase is that a new client brings!
- Some experience with our abstract software development practices—Scrum, KanBan Project Management, and continuous integration.
- Verbal communication skills—all of our engineers interact with internal team members and clients on a daily basis.
- Mission fit—we are a very close-knit team of Catholics that are passionate about serving the Church with good tech. As such, the best applicants share that vision and partake in the amazing community with our Creative Department.
We believe that the culture and community of 5 Stones are critically important to our mission of serving clients and helping our employees thrive in every aspect of their lives. For this reason, this position is on-site in Sycamore, Illinois (60 miles west of Chicago). Candidates must be willing to relocate.