The Learning and Development Specialist delivers core technical, sales and service skills training to team members in the Call Center and Retail Branch locations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and facilitate core technical, sales and service training for branch and call center associates.
- Develop and facilitate an associate friendly on-boarding process.
- Create an enthusiastic and interactive classroom where new associates learn techniques through hands on training and role plays.
- Periodically test trainees to measure progress and to continuously evaluate and improve training effectiveness.
- Utilizes training aids such as videos, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids and computer tutorials.
- Provide classroom feedback to associate’s supervisors for additional coaching post classroom.
- Provide one on one observation coaching for associate’s as requested.
- May participate in proactively acquiring, retaining and developing talent.
- Prior experience developing a comprehensive training program utilizing training and facilitation methodologies.
- Ability to effectively present information in a concise manner.
- Ability to facilitate an interactive participant workshop.
- Sales Trainer: In depth knowledge of core sales and service behavioral model including outbound marketing calls as well as lobby engagement model.
- Leadership Trainer: In depth knowledge of sales and service coaching methodology.
- Knowledge and understanding of Retail Branch and Call Center positions.
- Familiarity of Credit Union products and services.
- In depth knowledge of Credit Union regulations and policy and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask multiple projects and priorities in a timely and professional manner.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and applicable experience creating training programs.
- Experience in a financial institution environment, even at the teller level is strongly desired.