Volunteer Coordinator – Central Services – Dallas, TX
Catholic Charities Dallas is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. You will be working with the people team and supporting our people strategies.
You will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of CCD’s volunteer process, including but not limited to recruitment, clearance, placement, satisfaction, and database management.
You will be responsible for recruiting and engaging volunteers to support CCD’s programs, events, and special projects.
You will support volunteer relations for the all mission areas within the agency, ensuring a positive volunteer experience for all while working to cultivate deeper relationships with volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, in nonprofit management, marketing, public relations or related field. Relevant experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- CVA or another volunteer certification a plus
- Volunteer coordinator experience for public or nonprofit employer.
- Experience using social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Experience creating and implementing volunteer programs and training
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Comfort in public speaking and community relations
- Collaborative style that fosters workplace excellence and mutual staff support
- Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and produce high quality results quickly
- Computer literate and experience with MS Office suite of products; internet applications; VolunteerHub experience is a plus
- Highly motivated; able to work independently and as part of a team and with energy, optimism and persistence
- Strong work ethic with a mature approach to all tasks
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Catholic Charities Dallas offers a variety of benefits to our staff including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our employees can participate in a retirement plan with an employer contribution after one year of employment. Paid Time Off (PTO) allows employees the flexibility to take time off as needed and we have a generous holiday schedule. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $21.00 to $23.00 per hour, based on skills and experience.
For consideration, all applicants must apply and submit their resume and cover letter via email to careersatccdallas.org.
About Catholic Charities Dallas Catholic Charities Dallas (CCD) was formally established in 1941 and was incorporated from the Diocese of Dallas in 1997. Today CCD helps 30,000 individuals annually achieve stability and self-sufficiency through financial literacy, employment services, education, food programs, immigration legal services, refugee resettlement, disaster services, and permanent supportive housing.
Catholic Charities is comprised of more than 17 individual programs that serve 9 counties. The strengths of each of our programs are as diverse as the populations we serve, but our belief in the need to provide dignity to those in our community who are often overlooked remains the same.
Motivated by the love and teachings of Jesus Christ, Catholic Charities of Dallas serves, advocates for and empowers people in need regardless of race, religion, age, gender or nationality, and calls the community to action.
For the nine-county community we serve, Catholic Charities Dallas will be the leading non-profit social services agency that facilitates and walks with the most vulnerable on their journey toward health, hope and a better life.
Service – giving of ourselves and welcoming all
Compassion – treating all with empathy, care and consideration
Integrity – doing what is just, honest, and merciful
Respect – acknowledging the dignity and worth of every person
Commitment – giving attention, energy, and passion to all we do