The Volunteer Coordinator develops and maintains an organized program for individuals and groups who wish to offer their services as volunteers with the Little Sisters of the Poor at St. Mary’s Home. S/he coordinates the program in such a manner that the hospitaller mission of Saint Jeanne Jugan is supported and promoted as fully as possible, for the happiness, dignity, and comfort of the needy elderly who are served at the Home.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher;
- Volunteer coordinator or other related experience, with demonstrated success and a solid record of sustained effectiveness and growth;
- Good organizational skills and a solid commitment to demonstrating ongoing personal interest in the progress and satisfaction of each volunteer who comes to serve;
- Dynamic communication skills, including the ability to write creatively, speak publicly and persuasively about the mission of the Little Sisters of the Poor at St. Mary’s Home;
- Knowledge of community and volunteer resources;
- Ability to take initiative, to direct and supervise others with enthusiasm and respect, and to collaborate effectively with individuals and groups;
- Flexibility of hours to meet the program’s goals, including some weekends & holidays, and varied hours at seasonal times of the year;
- Proficiency in the use of common software programs;
- Experience in long-term care activities programming is a plus;
- Willingness to uphold and promote the mission statement and philosophy of the Little Sisters of the Poor, according to the spirit of Saint Jeanne Jugan, and to adhere in the performance of job duties to moral and ethical standards of conduct that are consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Home’s corporate compliance policy.
- Plan, develop, implement, and direct the volunteer program in a manner that successfully meets the needs of the Residents at St. Mary’s Home;
- Assure that all volunteer inquiries and communications are addressed promptly;
- Screen each prospective volunteer as required and provide appropriate instruction and training (per: Home policies and also City, State and Federal regulations) to carry out assignments effectively and safely;
- Determine prospective volunteers’ aptitudes, talents, service preferences, and availability, and be creative in providing meaningful service opportunities accordingly (which at times may include program development), seeking feedback from the volunteers on an ongoing basis and making adjustments as necessary;
- Keep abreast of the various departments’ changing needs for volunteer services;
- Provide to each volunteer the ongoing and individualized communication and affirmation that will foster satisfaction and retention;
- Demonstrate creativity in finding ways to effectively expand the Home’s volunteer program and to sustain that growth;
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner;
- Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor.
Benefits package for this full-time position includes:
Medical and dental coverage; paid vacation; paid sick time, holidays, and personal holidays; life insurance, 403B, and pension. Catholic chapel onsite, and an awesome work environment!
Apply now for prompt consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer